Sewer Build Over Agreement Severn Trent

There are two possible routes to get our permission if you want to build above or near our sewers: you can get more information and complete a construction application here. It also means that no certificate of completion can be issued until the Severn Trent Water Authority agreement has been issued. For more detailed information on the construction of public sewers, please visit this page on the severn Trent Water website During the extraction process, a drainage search is usually carried out to determine if there is a public channel under the ground. The transmission of private pipes has generally been beneficial to both the public and water companies. It relieved public opinion of the responsibility for sewers and entrusted them exclusively to the water companies, which were much better equipped for the maintenance of the sewerage system. While confusion persists on issues such as sewer construction, there is no doubt that homeowners are ultimately better protected than before the installation. The site of many public sewers laid after 1937 is known severn Trent Water. Warwick Borough Council has a number of maps that can be posted by anyone wishing to check if a canal is close to their property. Just come to the Riverside House reception to ask for the channel cards for your address. Unfortunately, for old sewers (installed before 1937) and for sewers introduced in 2011, it is not always known where they are going. Some of these older sewers are shown on public sewer maps, but many are not. This can be a problem if it comes to expansion, as sewers can only be found during construction. If a public canal is discovered during construction, a request must be made to Severn Trent Water if you are building above or within 3 meters.

For all development or extension applications, we will review the channel cards when processing the application. If we find a channel nearby, we will let you know as soon as possible. If you are expanding or building a new building, then the presence of a nearby canal can have a big influence on the cost or even feasibility of the project. Severn Trent Water is responsible for the warwick District`s public sewers. If you intend to build a public sewer above or near (normally within 3 meters), you should ask Severn Trent Water for a building by agreement. As part of this application, you may need to have a ccTV review of the flow before and after work. This, along with the cost of the application can add to the cost of construction work. The other possibility is that the seller will provide the buyer with compensation insurance to protect against financial losses resulting from the construction of the property through a public sewer. It is the fastest and cheapest option, but whether or not insurance is available depends on the circumstances of each case. If you are unsure if this is a public sewerage system regarding your property/project, please contact Seven Trent Water Ltd directly on 0845 034 0864 or make an appointment with our Control Building team to see the public access version of STW Ltd..

Please note that a 24-hour notification is required if you wish to view registrations at the Board`s office and not at the STW Ltd.